Kinesiology tape (K-tape) is gaining popularity with healthcare providers, patients, and athletes. I have used K-tape for more than 10 years, but it wasn’t until the 2008 summer Olympics that my patients started requesting that I use K-tape as a treatment modality. As a sports chiropractor who was also an athletic trainer, I had been using different types of tape already with the main goal of locking down a joint for support. The thought of applying K-tape to support the tissue or joint while still allowing full range of motion (ROM) intrigued me, which led me to take whatever K-tape education I could find. In 2004, it was hard to find a K-tape course, but when a local course was offered, I jumped on the opportunity to be educated about its use.
Latest from the Blog
- 🎁 Best Gift Ideas for Your Fit Fam 🎁 December 7, 2016
- 🚴 Nine Gift Ideas for Your Favorite Cyclist 🚴 November 29, 2016
- 9 Gift Ideas for Your Favorite CrossFitter November 23, 2016
- Dear RockTape, Thanks for Keeping Me Together November 21, 2016
- Using kinesiology tape to soothe pregnancy pain November 17, 2016
#Rock2Rio #RockBlades #RockDocs2Rio #RockTapeH2O #RockToRio 5fingers back pain canada chiro chiropractic chiropractor clinical test crossfit cycling daniel holloway dc diving fitness H2O health kinesio kinesiology tape kinesio tape Kona kttape Medical mobility movement manifesto obstacle course racing Olympics paralympics physical therapy PT recovery Rio rockballs rockdoc rocknroller rocktape RockTape H2O sports medicine swim triathlon waterproof weightlifting